In today’s guide, you will know how to become an MTN MoMo agent. Follow this basic guide for the MTN mobile money merchant application and get qualified.
The duties of MTN mobile money agents are clearly spelled in our environs.
Their duties are of immense help to almost everybody, either directly or indirectly.
With over 50,000 MTN mobile money agents dispersed over the length and breadth of Ghana and providing us with a wide range of services that gravitates even beyond financial assistance.
These services include:
- Money transfer
- Money deposit
- Money withdrawal
- Bill Payment
- Mobile Money Registration
- SIM card registration
With what has been highlighted so far, if you are considering venturing into the MoMo agent business.
You are making no mistake looking at the projection from the financial institutions.
They projected a marginal profit increment.
The core goal of this guide is to lay bare how to become a MoMo agent and even more.
To set the ball rolling, it is needful we consider what one will need to before he can proceed on to become a MoMo agent.
Requirements To Become MTN Mobile Money Agent In Ghana
Below are the core needs before one can be registered as a MoMo agent in Ghana:
- You must be 18 years and above
The location for the MTN Mobile Money business
You should possess a mobile phone to carry out MoMo services
Your business should be registered
Now that we are privy to what you will need first before you can become a MoMo agent let’s shift our focus to how to become a MoMo agent.
How To Become A MoMo Agent In Ghana
For the purpose of this paragraph, we will consider the three processes that must be accomplished before one can become a MoMo agent.
Related guide: How To But MTN Internet Bundle.
MTN Mobile Money Phone Registration
If you want to apply for MTN mobile money agent, then follow these steps below:
1. Enter the USSD code *5051# on your phone and press send
2. Select option 1, “Register.”
3. Select your region of business location
4. An SMS with your Agent/Merchant reference number will be sent to you
5. You will be contacted within the next 72hours
6. To check your request status, You can send your reference number to *5051#
7. If you are successful with your application, MTN will delegate staff to come for inspection at where your business is located
8. Once you pass the inspection process, you will then proceed to the next chapter in becoming a MoMo agent.
You will have to fill out the business detail form.
MTN Mobile Money Business Detail Form
This form will require you to provide the following details:
- Full name of the owner
- Email address
- Identification Card Type and ID number
- Phone number
- Your GPS address from Ghana Post
- Next of Kin
- Source of fund
- Business Name
- Trade Name
- Bank details
- Business Registration Number
- Business Address
- Type of Business
Upon completion of filling the business detail form, you will proceed and fill the Account handler form.
See also: MTN Mobile Money Withdrawal Guide.
MTN Mobile MoneyAccount Handler Form
This form will require the following information from you:
- Employer/ employee information
- Marital status
- Mobile Money authentication question
- Details of your identification card
- Residential address
Agree to the terms and conditions surrounding the operation of the business.
You will be given a merchant SIM from MTN after a successful registration.
What Is the Minimum Salary Of MTN Mobile Money Agents
There is no yardstick for salary determination.
However, depending on the agreement between the parties involved, and they can set their salary.
Averagely, the minimum salary a MoMo agent receives is Gh¢ 300.00.
MTN MoMo Agents Code of Ethics
It is a set of formulated instructions and rules to cushion all who are authorized as MTN mobile money agents.
This code of ethics provides a standardized manner with which MoMo agents conduct themselves and execute their functions.
This is also a must.
To become an MTN MoMo agent, you need to complete filling the code of ethics form.